7 May 2016

The odd one out

Try to pick the odd one out from these ten lists of four items each. Good luck!


A. The Holy Bible

B. The Odyssey

C. The Count of Monte Cristo

D. The Lord of the Rings


Correct answer: A

They’re all works of fiction, but the Bible is the only one that is mind-numbingly boring.


A. Abraham

B. Moses

C. Isaiah

D. Charles Manson


Correct answer: D

They all heard voices in their heads, but Charles Manson is the only one that was deemed insane.


A. The preservation of the fauna by Noah

B. The parting of the Red Sea by Moses

C. The resurrection of Jesus Christ

D. Pescara Football Club winning the Champions League


Correct answer: D

They’re all things that never happened and they’re all on the same level of plausibility, but  Pescara winning the Champions League is the only one that hasn’t been turned into a movie yet. (I’m looking forward to that one.)


A. Praying

B. Attending mass

C. Receiving Holy Communion

D. Spanking the monkey


Correct answer: D

They’re all activities religious people engage in, but masturbating is the only one they lie about.


A. Ghosts

B. Aliens

C. Prophets

D. Leprechauns


Correct answer: C

They’re all imaginary figures some people believe in, but prophets are the only ones that want to tell you where you can or cannot insert your penis. (You’ll never get that kind of attitude from a leprechaun.)


A. Pope Pius IX

B. Pope Leo XIII

C. My wife

D. Pope Pius XII


Correct answer: C

They all claimed to be always right, but my wife is the only one I’d be wise to agree with.


A. Lashing

B. Branding with a red-hot iron

C. Pulling teeth out without anaesthetic

D. Reciting the rosary


Correct answer: D

They’re all forms of torture, but the rosary is the only one that strikes an abject fear in my heart and would make me wish I was dead.


A. Heaven

B. Mount Olympus

C. Asgard

D. Shangri-La


Correct answer: A

They’re all mythical, made-up places, but Heaven is the only one where there’s absolutely no chance of getting a shag. (Very different story on Mount Olympus, apparently.)


A. Praying

B. Planting flowers

C. Changing a tyre

D. Scrubbing the floor


Correct answer: A

They’re all things that you do on your knees, but praying is the only one that is a complete waste of time.


A. “I did do my homework, Miss, but my dog ate it.”

B. “Yes, that Playboy is mine, but I only read it for the articles.”

C. “The Holy Ghost got me pregnant, I swear!”

D. “That’s right, I accidentally fell on an upright carrot while naked, ass first.”


Correct answer: C

They’re all lame excuses, but the virgin birth is the only one someone actually fell for.